A challenging role in London for a digital technology professional with experience in agile technology.
Employment Type: Full Time
The Associate Product Manager will be part of the Product Management Channel team responsible for the design, development, testing and optimisation of American Express digital experiences. This is an important and challenging role that will help transform the customer experience by driving customer satisfaction by creating a best in class digital experiences. This role will play a lead role in identifying and defining future product experimentation opportunities, driving alignment of the customer experience across channels, partnering with technologies on the build of new experiences as well as strategically prioritising and clearly communicating the product roadmap to key stakeholders.
The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for:
- Delighting the customer with digital experiences that meet their core needs as an American Express Card member.
- Understanding complex business processes and use metrics to impact product decisions.
- Pulling and analysing data to support the prioritisation of design and build efforts.
- Supporting the user interaction and creative design process, including the shaping of wireframes and design specs, with the Design team.
- Supporting market and customer research and the generation of insights to be incorporated into design, in partnership with User Experience Research team.
- Assisting in the technology development process including writing user stories, defining support documents, conducting usability testing and supporting Scrum team management.
- Performing ad-hoc performance modelling, analysis, and reporting to drive insights and guide features.
- Developing A/B tests and testing methodology to validate and refine new features.
- Partnering with a diverse cross-functional groups, including business teams, compliance, sales, technology, marketing, and customer service to make decisions around the product.
- Working to help define product, sprint and release features and goals.
- Educated to degree level.
- Professional experience in agile technology.
- Related or user experience analytical role, including marketing, market research, digital strategy, support operations, and/or consulting.
- Proficient with analytical and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to manage stakeholders with compassion, confidence and exceptional clarity with regards to the product strategy and overall mission for your customer.
- Understanding of the following terms and their context for development would be beneficial: XML, JSON, SQL, HTML, REST or SOAP and HTTP.
Key Soft Skills:
- Strong/confident communicator.
- A naturally creative thinker, with a range of interests, comfortable talking about colour values and pivot tables.
- Be willing to take risks and share fresh perspectives.
- A sense of urgency and enthusiasm in developing a best in class product.
- Analytical ability – both quantitative and qualitative .
- Curious about the why and how.
- Maniacal attention to detail.
- Continuously strives for improvement and excellence.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.