Primary Location: London
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Education Level: Not Indicated
The Corporate Finance teams in London primarily serves the UK & Ireland, the Nordic region as well as CEE countries, whereby team members are requested to support the origination and lead the execution of domestic and cross border M&A transactions of our clients in these regions on situations encompassing other geographies, ranging from our Domestic markets (France, Benelux, Italy), our other core European countries (Germany and Spain), the MEA region as well as our platform in Asia and in the Americas.
As a Corporate Finance Associate you will be contributing to the entire M&A process, from marketing through to execution.
You can expect exposure to a wide range of clients and projects, developing your knowledge through your day-to-day work as well as via specific training.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Preparing pitching books under the supervision of senior colleagues;
- Proposing a first draft of slides and sections based on guidance from senior colleagues;
- The delivery of specific sections of the pitch to the Client;
- Ensuring the quality and reliability of marketing materials is first class;
- Handling specific parts of the execution process;
- Preparing valuations and models, specifically the more complex analyses (Merger models, LBOs, complex Business Plans);
- Supervising and coaching Analysts on basic modelling work;
- Liaising directly with Clients and other Advisors at an appropriate level;
- Checking and monitoring the work of Juniors in the team;
- Circulating information to Seniors and Juniors in the team;
- Involvement in the recruitment and training of Analysts and Interns.
Skills and Experience
- A strong academic record from a top tier university or the equivalent;
- Proven M&A intern/Analyst experience with a top tier investment bank
- Previous internship or Analyst work experience related to financial advisory or experience in Investment Banking / Corporate Finance, experiences with a Big Four Company in the field of Mergers and Acquisitions, or similar front office environment
- Demonstrable track record of involvement in M&A transactions
- Excellent quantitative, modelling and analytical skills
- Modelling and valuation experience including integrated projection models, comparable companies, comparable transactions, DCF, LBO models
- Analytical mind-set and commercial knowledge of capital markets
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Good presentation & communication skillsDemonstrate tenacity and drive
- Demonstrate tenacity and drive
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail, adherence to the highest quality standards
- Team Player.