Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 36 per week.
Salary: £50,000 per annum
DBS Check: No
Closing Date: 14/03/2018 at 11:59 AM
This leading social housing charity is looking for someone with a strong understanding of data analysis and quality assurance techniques. You will need to have previous experience in an audit or data assurance role. You must be a team player who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and staff at all levels You need to have demonstrable experience at manager level of managing data projects across departments.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Insurance, you will be responsible for
- Designing, maintaining and validating the assurance and data assurance frameworks
- Ensure the frameworks enable the business to demonstrate compliance with internal and statutory regulations for their function
- Support the Head of Risk & Insurance on testing the assurance / data assurance frameworks
- Ensure assurance (including data assurance) standards are maintained across the business
- Ensure collaborative working in the delivery of effective assurance targets and action plan
- Be proactive in providing Audit & Risk Committee and Executive Team with regular updates to maintain effective oversight of assurance
- Lead on annual assurance reporting process including the statement to Audit & Risk Committee and Board
- Establish a performance culture whereby assurance and data assurance are understood and managed across Optivo
- Be responsible for the management of the Data Governance Group (DGG) and support the Chair of the DGG (the CFO)
- Embed data ownership and the role of information asset owners across the business, provide training to ensure IAOs understand their responsibilities
- Ensure information risk assessment processes are implemented consistently by Data Owners
- Train asset owners / managers in data assurance / assurance frameworks ensuring the link with risk registers, risk appetite and control frameworks are understood. Offer constructive challenge and share learning to drive improvement
- Work with IT and policy and performance to ensure policies and procedures (including data protection and systems access rights) are aligned with the data assurance framework.