Role: Business Analyst
Amazon is seeking a Business Analyst to support financial analysis and planning for the company’s UK transportation network. This role will work with Amazon’s Last Mile team and will allow the successful candidate to have a direct impact on driving the future of Amazon’s world-class operations network.
Amazon is looking someone who has shown success analysing dynamic business opportunities and building plans to bring them to reality.
The Last Mile Finance team is headed by a dynamic Finance Manager with broad responsibility, which promises a fulfilling career prospect for the successful Business Analyst. AMZL UK operates from 40 Delivery Stations and delivers more than 85% of Amazon’s volume.
With more than 5000 professional and Am Flex drivers and multiple productivity and cost focused projects, the scale of the business and the pace of change requires dynamic thinkers who are comfortable facing challenges and working to tight deadlines.
• Build, scope and report on metrics for our expanding network.
• Ensure financial system inputs are consistent, up-to-date and accurate.
• Financial reporting and planning to support operations reporting.
• Conduct variance analysis against plan and previous period.
• Produce regular and ad hoc reports and analysis.
• Monitor transportation expenditures versus forecasts and budgets and communicate issues to senior management.
• Participate in Fixed Asset discussions related to Transportation expenditures.
• Facilitate financial review meetings with business groups and work with business managers to ensure effective cost management and to provide useful financial data for decision making.
• Develop and maintain efficient communication processes to ensure smooth and consistent flow of information between Amazon transportation owners within the EU and Seattle.