A business analyst with strong database development skills is required in Warrington by this FTSE 100-listed utilities firm.
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
The role requires the candidate to be passionate about data analysis with strong technical skills in SQL.
This is a diverse role that will support the embedment, development and configuration of Decision Support systems under the accountability of the Asset Management Directorate. It will involve working closely with a range of stakeholders to implement new systems and new ways of working.
You will work in a truly rewarding and challenging environment, with the opportunity to make a real impact by developing future asset management systems in United Utilities.
The role requires familiarity with the water sector and appreciation of asset groups across water/wastewater and infrastructure/non-infrastructure sites. The role also assists in the specification, development, configuration and testing of new functionality identified from across the business or from external stakeholders.
You will provide essential analysis and information to the planning and decision making in the Asset Management, Water and Wastewater Services Directorates and have an impact on the water and wastewater Wholesale business and its various departments and teams with respect to performance, customer service and profitability.
- As part of the Asset Systems and Planning team ensure appropriate development of Decision Support systems to meet company outcomes and goals
- Work with third party suppliers delivering consultancy or software enhancement to the systems
- Deliver support, embedment, development and enhancement plans to promote best practice in forward looking, risk based, economic investment capability within the Company’s asset management tools
- Support the user community
- Support the communication of technical and business impacts of the Decisions Support systems within United Utilities
- Assisting with the delivery of new requirements from the user community, industry best practice and asset management methodologies
- Assist with testing and deploying any new capability
- As part of the Asset Systems and Planning team you will identify enhancements to the systems and additional data sets
- Act as a point of contact for the Decision Support systems with a technical understanding of the systems
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent analytical reasoning and problem solving skills in a time pressured environment
- Good understanding and experienced at using databases to store and retrieve data
- Ability to query data from databases using SQL
- Good personal drive and motivation to achieve challenging goals
- Ability to successfully deliver defined outcomes
- Manage a personal workload which will contain multiple work streams (support, development, training)
- Communicate technical knowledge of the Decision Support systems within the business
- Ability to support the embedment the Decision Support systems across the business including assisting in the ‘selling’ of concepts, delivery of presentations and workshop sessions
- Knowledge of IT applications and database development and design
- Understanding of Asset Management principles
- A good understanding of the Decision Support systems and their interaction with other corporate systems
- Membership of a relevant professional body (MCIWEM or IAM)