A leading global FMCG company in Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, is looking to hire an innovative Category Development Manager who is able to create solutions for its consumers.
Role: Category Development Manager
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Kings Hill
- To support the development of Category Strategies and influence retailers to implement recommendations tailored to their specific needs
- To develop and deliver effective external category selling stories, tailored by customer as required, to support new category growth initiatives with key customers
- To develop and agree activation plans for key initiatives including merchandising and promotion recommendations
- To monitor, evaluate & communicate changes in category, customer dynamics and competitor activities and recommend actions to address issues and opportunities affecting the category and/or KC brands
- To recommend actions to address category and/or Kimberly-Clark issues through influencing retailer partners
Education & Experience
You will need to be:
- A pro-active, confident, highly collaborative and numerate individual who can successfully build business relationships and present recommendations in an influential and persuasive manner.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and ideally possess a sales/marketing or business focused degree.
- Extensive experience in a category role or closely related field.
- Experience working within UK FMCG market would be an advantage.
- Strong numerical, analytical and communication skills are essential as is the ability to use these skills in a high-pressured environment.
Personal Attributes/Key Behaviours
- Strong influencing and leadership skills
- Results oriented
- Innovative solution development and problem solving
- Self-motivated and assertive with internal and external contacts
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organisation
- Experience of successfully creating and maintaining business relationships
- Experience of persuasively presenting strategic recommendations
- Ability to influence behaviours cross-functionally and at all business levels
*Please note that this role will remain open until an offer has been made and accepted.