Employment Type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract for 12 Months
The compliance function is part of the Legal Secretariat and Compliance team, and has responsibility for areas such as data protection, anti-bribery, sanctions and modern slavery. Preparation for the General Data Protection Regulation, which comes into force in May 2018, is a key priority.
Based in London and reporting to the Company Secretary & Head of Compliance, this role is part of a team working on FT’s compliance with the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The role includes conducting due diligence on suppliers via FT’s procurement management application, documenting FT’s data processing activities and assessing any risks, as well as involvement with other areas that the compliance team deal with.
This role would suit someone with an interest in compliance and a desire to gain experience in this important and growing area. Knowledge of the principles of data protection would be helpful but is not essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting due diligence on vendors as part of the contract life cycle. This includes identifying and classifying risks, and making recommendations to mitigate those risks based on detailed guidance and process documents.
- Completing privacy impact assessments relating to data processing activities, based on template documents.
- Documenting data processing activity around the business.
- Part of the GDPR compliance working group.
- Assisting the compliance team with all other areas of compliance as necessary.
- An interest in the legal compliance landscape.
- Accurate, with an eye for detail, and able to meet deadlines.
- Proactive, able to work on own initiative, with good organisation and time management skills and happy to work as part of a team.
- Able to effectively communicate with people internally and externally at all levels.
- Experience working in a general compliance role.
- An understanding of the principles of data protection.
- A competitive salary and incentive scheme
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- 25 days annual leave
- An office in the heart of London near St Paul’s, London Bridge and next door to Borough market
- Charity volunteering opportunities
- On-site subsidised canteen
- Opportunity to purchase extra days of holiday at a reduced cost
- On-site Occupational Health Consultant and Physiotherapist
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Excellent benefits packing, including:
- Subsidised gym membership
- Pension plan (FT will double your contribution up to a maximum of 16%)
- Season ticket loan
- Private Healthcare / Dental plan
- Life assurance up to 14 x annual salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Give As You Earn