Are you Snapchat-savvy, with good writing skills and an eye for excellent design?
The Sun Digital is looking for a deputy editor to join its team publishing a daily edition of The Sun on Snapchat Discover.
Team: The Sun
Job Type: Permanent
You’ll be working with and briefing The Sun Digital’s team of graphic designers to bring stories to life with the fun, vibrant visuals that follow the signature Sun Snapchat style.
You’ll also be sourcing and choosing the stories everyone will be talking about.
The Sun Digital is a digital edition so it straddles the line between a website and a newspaper – the right candidate needs to be able to predict the news but also develop today’s news stories into tomorrow’s features.
The Sun Digital’s readers want to be entertained and informed. They put their trust in The Sun Digital every day to bring them the most up-to-date, accurate and exclusive showbiz news, trending features and viral videos.
- Solid experience of writing and editing copy in a variety of styles for a publisher.
- Ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines.
- A flair for story-telling and an eye for good design.
- Experience of Snapchat, at least as a user, and a strong understanding of The Sun’s Snapchat style.
- Ability to take responsibility for briefing and approving editions.
- Flexibility to work shift patterns across 7 days.
- Photoshop and After Effects a bonus but not a necessity.
- Passion for not just the brand but engaging The Sun’s community of young readers.