Purpose of role
Fidelity Summer Interns will work as part of the organisation’s regional research teams on assigned projects. These could be either to analyse a particular sector and a number of stocks within that sector or, a specific project for a Portfolio Manager. At the end of the 12 week period, the intern will present his/her findings and provide investment recommendations to Portfolio Managers and Analysts.
A full‐time offer will be extended if a candidate passes the internship successfully and you can start the full‐time job in August 2019 upon graduation with work location dependent on your language skills and business need.
- Take responsibility for the analysis of a sub-sector or work on a specific Portfolio Manager sponsored project.
- Use all resources available to formulate a view. This will include sources within the company as well as industry experts, competitors and customers, sell-side brokers and third-party research providers.
- Communicate your views to PMs via written reports, voice mails, emails, and face to face meetings.
- Present final project / industry review to the investment team.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- 1st year MBA candidate
- Excellent analytical skills
- Intellectually curious
- Clear interest in investment management and working within the equity markets
- Enthusiasm for companies/stocks which may be demonstrated by previous work experience and/or personal investing
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities with impeccable attention to the finer detail
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Second Asian Language is an asset
- Highly motivated, able to think logically, critically & quickly
- Able to work both independently and as part of the Investment team
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a one-page stock pitch (guideline and template) through fidelityrecruitment.com/asia-pacific by Monday, 25 December 2017, 5pm New York Time. In your application, please state your reasons for applying to Fidelity International, the Research Analyst Internship Programme and your geographical preference.
For any enquiries in Asia Pacific, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.