This global financial services firm is looking to hire a Finance & Treasury Assistant to be based in London.
Company: Old Mutual Global Investors
Type of Contract: Permanent
Old Mutual Global Investors (OMGI) is made up of several business units which are supported by Financial Accountants within the OMGI Finance Team.
The Finance and Treasury Assistant has responsibility for supporting this team in delivering its financial reporting obligations and ensuring all internal and external financial activities/requirements for the assigned legal entities are undertaken within appropriate timescales and to a satisfactory standard with appropriate supporting records and controls.
The Finance and Treasury Assistant will also support of the day-to-day treasury activity of all OMGI entities, including ensuring all entity processes adhere to group treasury and liquidity policies, ensuring the business adequately manages its liquidity and credit risks across all entities, and ensuring all unsettled trade activity funding risk is mitigated and managed on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage the end to end process for OMGI Holdings Financial reporting.
- Assisting with any relevant audit requirements through PBC item provision and query resolution.
- Preparation of Entity Board reporting, including management of sign-off process.
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are fully documented and adhered to.
- Adherence to OMGI and Wealth Policy suite.
- To ensure that key risks are escalated and controlled in order to minimise financial misstatement and ensure a robust risk-aware environment.
- Ensure that a robust control environment is maintained aligned to Financial Control Initiative principles to minimise financial misstatement risk.
- Evidence of all key controls in operation should be maintained.
- Supporting the wider Finance Team.
- To remain up-to-date with mandatory computer-based training requirements and meet professional qualification learning requirements.
- To maintain a clear desk policy, ensuring that any financial or sensitive data is securely filed or disposed of in the confidential waste bins and to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to files.
- Produce the OMGI UK and OMIML IA Fee invoices and manage the process
- Support of all OMGI entity treasury activities, assisting all entities to ensure adequate treasury controls and processes, and supporting entity accountants where required on a day-to-day basis.
- Acting as inputter, reviewer or authoriser, as required, to ensure appropriate segregation of duties of banking payments for all entities and ensuring correct authorised signatories have been obtained for all payment requests for all legal entities.
- Support of OMGI’s payment signatories list, updating when required.
- Support of OMGI Finance inputter and approver structure across all bank accounts, liaising with the appointed bank administrator to ensure correct controls are in place.
- Liquidity Risk, Credit Risk and Treasury Standard Policy support and maintenance, updating and reviewing at least annually.
- OMGI Liquidity risk management, ensuring all entities hold sufficient liquid assets to meet their obligations on an ongoing basis, and that all entities are compliant with OMGI, group and regulatory liquidity policies.
- OMGI Credit risk management, ensuring all entities have adequately managed their cash counterparty risks in line with OMGI, group and regulatory policies, and that surplus cash is appropriately utilised.
- Ensuring OMGI manages its currency risk exposures on an ongoing basis to minimise the risk of FX losses;
- Bank relationship management and oversight of banking products utilised by OMGI to ensure they are competitive, appropriate and sufficient.
- Day-to-day funding of unsettled trade funding requirements for onshore funds, ensuring process is compliant with the ‘Unsettled Trade – Daily Treasury Procedures’ policy, and ensuring the COLL requirements are met where appropriate.
- Production of OMGI’s Liquidity Report on a monthly basis, and supporting liquidity risk management discussions as part of OMGI’s ICAAP.
Specific technical competencies:
- General ledger systems knowledge & experience.
- Experience in Excel and accounting packages.
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence.
- Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by regulators.
- Collaborate with peers across the organisation.
- Share openly and be transparent.
- Adopt a responsible approach.
- Maintain our entrepreneurial culture.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Lead by example.
- AAT is desirable.
- Experience within a similar reporting environment.
- Treasury experience.
- Financial services experience desirable.
- Please remember to mention Ethical Recruitment Services when applying for this role.