Want to work in a world-class organisation in a role that offers exposure to global operations, processes and stakeholders?
Employment Type: 12 months fixed term contract
Rio Tinto is looking for a Financial Reporting Specialist to assist in delivering quality statutory financial statements for a number of Rio Tinto entities throughout the group. This is a global team, with people based in Australia, UK and India. This role is based in the UK.
What the role entails
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager in Australia, you will be responsible for assisting the Business Services & Support (BS&S) Statutory reporting team to deliver accurate and efficient reporting. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the statutory reporting process for UK entities, liaising with various stakeholders throughout the process such as tax, company secretarial and audit teams to ensure completion of accounts by required deadlines.
- Providing technical accounting advice for the purpose of statutory entity reporting, particularly with respect to UK financial reporting requirements.
- Monitoring changes in UK financial reporting requirements and assessing the impact on entity reporting (eg: IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, changes in UK company law requirements which have an impact on statutory reporting such as the new ‘Companies, Partnerships and Group (Accounts and Reports) Regulations 2015 SI 2015/980).
- Reviewing statutory accounts prepared by an offshore team for UK (prepared under FRS 101/FRS 102) and other entities ensuring various disclosure requirements are met and providing guidance and support to the offshore statutory reporting team.
- Reviewing and preparing detailed calculations (e.g. impairment testing and share based payments) required as part of statutory account preparation.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A graduate-level degree.
- Qualification in professional accounting (ACA/CA/CPA or equivalent) with experience preferably at a “big four” firm.
- Detailed knowledge of both IFRS and FRS 101/102 is essential, combined with practical application in a complex group environment.
- Experience with SAP and Onesource Financial Reporting is essential.
- An ability to prioritise work, ensuring deadlines are met and critical issues addressed.
- An ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, keeping relevant parties informed of critical issues, sharing information and ideas.
- An ability to work in a global team, building positive relationships to deliver results.