Do you have a degree in a mathematical or engineering discipline? If so, this might just be right position for you.
Location: Cannon Street, London
Employment Type:Full Time
Purpose of your role
To become an analytics specialist supporting the generation of Fixed Income analytics for consumption globally by investment professionals, product teams and external customers. The role is one where the ability to create and implement solutions for portfolio managers, translate investment strategy and convert it into meaningful analytic output and provide effective, timely insight into portfolio construction are paramount.
Your key accountabilities
- Initial support of internal team daily, weekly, and monthly processes.
- Responsibility to provide analytic support, performance attribution and risk analysis for the Fixed Income Business.
Your skills and experience
- Undergraduate, preferably in a mathematical or engineering discipline.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Excel skills essential and VBA beneficial.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income instruments including derivatives (IRS, CDS etc) essential.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income attribution beneficial.
- Experience of using attribution systems such as FactSet would be beneficial.
- Very important to be deadline oriented and highly organised.
- Someone who takes pride in attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong team player.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills and effective communicator.
- Deadline oriented and highly organised.
Approved Person: Yes
T & C role: No
T & C Competencies Required: No
Code of Ethics classification: SE
The Fixed Income Investment Team manages money for investors across the globe. The group comprises expertise in Portfolio Management, Trading, Quantitative and Credit Analysis and Investment Operations. The Fixed Income group are based in London, Hong Kong, India and Korea.
Its investment philosophy includes:
- A belief that investors must look beyond traditional sources of alpha.
- A team-based strategy that combines distinct disciplines to consistently identify a wide range of investment ideas with the highest probability of success.
- A commitment to proprietary research that provides enough ideas to build diversified portfolios.
- A quantitative team that is integral to identifying alpha and providing rigorous risk analysis.
Fixed Income benefits from FIL’s status as a private company which has invested significantly to support the growth of Fixed Income. This investment is set to continue and the goal is a scalable and versatile infrastructure that combines the latest technologies with talented personnel.