Unilever is looking for a Global Equity Manager in Kingston-Upon-Thames.
Job Title: Global Equity Manager
Salary: Competitive + Car Allowance + Bonus + Pension + Healthcare + Agile Working
Function: Human Resources
Closing Date: 10/08/2017
Business Context & Main Purpose of the Job
The Global Reward Services team, within HR Services, is responsible for delivering the Pay Review, Total Reward Statement and Equity globally. The team also includes Global Mobility and Performance and Talent Service.
The Reward Services part of the team is responsible for delivering the pay review to over 60,000 employees across 98 countries, long term incentive share awards to Work Level 3 and above across 86 countries, the SHARES Plan to over 140,000 eligible employees in 103 countries, which includes accountability for the global processes, technology and operational service delivery.
This role is primarily responsible for the service delivery and management of a team of 6 equity analysts which provides governance, execution and delivery of all equity related programs globally. As a member of the ETS organization, the team will deliver outstanding service with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation whilst driving performance and cost efficiencies
Responsible for the implementation and management of the following programmes/plans to the business within agreed timelines and cost
- Global Performance Share Plan (GPSP), Global Share Incentive Plan (GSIP)
- Management Co-Investment Plan (MCIP)
- Baking,Cooking and Spreads Global Performance Share Plan (BCS GPSP)
- Foods and Refreshments Retention Incentive
- Restricted Stock
– Services lead role in the design, delivery and implementation of all new programmes through partnership with Global Reward Expertise.
– Accountable for adherence to country security regulations and controller of the currency policies provided by Global Reward Expertise.- – – Constantly challenge and lead areas of continuous improvement including the management and delivery of key projects as required.. – – – -Successfully manage of ancillary services related to the delivery of equity programmes.
- Contribute to the Annual Review of Accounts (Equity tables and language for the annual Report)
- Oversee annual audits of equity regarding and preparation of consolidated statements
- Reports related to individual country tax reporting
- Communications related to all aspects of all programs including website content
Lead partnership and interface with key stakeholders and partners for successful delivery of service:
- EVP Global Head of Rewards
- VP HR Services
- Service Delivery Directors and Managers & Service Line Leads
- Reward Expertise VPs, Directors and Managers
- Corporate Tax & Corporate Secretaries
- Global Mobility
- Finance & Legal
- Global Payroll
Responsible for managing and holding 3rd parties accountable to ensure excellent service delivery and cost efficiency meets service requirements and SLAs.
- Ernst & Young
Lead and performance manage the team to work at maximum productivity and deliver excellent service.
Specific to the Sub-Function
- Provide relevant HR services to ensure that organization growth is well supported by delivering a professional high quality service to all users within agreed SLA’s & in line with the HR Operating Framework.
Ensure that policies and procedures are being exercised and applied in the relevant service area
Problem and Issue Management
- Track and manage issues to be addressed and take necessary action to resolve
- Work with Service Provider (internal or external) to resolve operational issues and escalate those that cannot be resolved
- Identify trends and actions to address where appropriate, in combination with the service provider – ensuring action is taken by both or either parties as appropriate
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive performance and cost efficiencies
Subject Matter Expert
- Provide functional, system or local subject matter expertise in relation to relevant service area
- Manage all service activities in line with appropriate weekly / monthly / annual service cycles (e.g. PDP, learning / recruitment, payroll)
- Answer all employee and stakeholder related queries linked to delivery of the service
- Ensure delivery and reporting of services meet with agreed SLAs
- Update and compile data upon request for country Finance, payroll and tax teams, corporate Finance, Global Rewards and other counterparts
- Build and maintain positive working relationship with users, service providers, key stakeholders and clients
- Manage 3rd party service providers and hold to account for delivery of service within agreed SLAs
- Deliver service with a user centric mindset to deliver excellence in service and support
- Implementation of change projects and landing the implications of this within the business to support business adoption of new processes and ways of working
- Ensure overall data compliance and confidentiality both within the parameters of Unilever policy and local legal legislation
- Maintain the required levels of data integrity and quality for optimal service delivery
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
Specific to the Position
- The successful candidate will have extensive compensation experience, preferably for a large global organization.
- Specific experience in global equity management preferred.
- Degree in Finance, Human Resources, Business Management or related field ideal.
Technical Skills and Competencies
- Strong PC skills in Advanced Excel (super user preferred), Word, and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of Workday and SharePoint is desirable. Strong project/time management, and analytical skills to support multiple assignments with varied timeframes and customers in a matrixed organization. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills demonstrated in a cross cultural environment.
- Ability to use existing systems creatively or design new solutions to produce desired results.
- Excellent administrative and organization skills. Must be detail-oriented and thorough with superior and persistent follow-through and consistently deliver quality on time.
- Ability to be a team player while demonstrating the ability to work independently.
- Needs to be relationship-oriented and successfully deal with a broad range of professionals.
Specific to the Sub-Function
- Professional Qualifications
- Degree ideal
- Experience in leadership and management of service providers (internal/external)
- Experience in supporting critical service delivery operations
- Experience in liaising and partnering with key senior stakeholders
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Project management
- Global experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in technology
- 3rd party service provider
- Reward Expertise & Reward Managers and regional leaders
- Global Mobility & Service Delivery Managers
- Corporate Secretaries & Corporate Treasury
- ES service operations teams & cross functional teams
- HRS Service Line Leads, HRBPs and Expertise Teams
- General Counsel Executive Remuneration and Employment
Key performance indicators
- Service Provider management
- Performance Metrics / SLAs
- Excellent written and oral communications (English is required for working with regional & global team)
Standards of Leadership:
- Bias for Action
- Building Talent and Teams
- Growth Mindset
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Accountability & Responsibility