This role is based in the Corporate Reporting Team in Peterborough, reporting to the Head of Finance – Corporate Reporting. Approximately 10% of time will be at the head office in London Bridge.
Job Type: Permanent
Line Manager: Head of Finance – Corporate Reporting
Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Project
• Project management of News UK SOX process
• Key contact and project lead for business ( finance, commercial and technology) in designing and implementing controls
• Educating the business about the SOX programme
• Liaising with Corporate Audit and News Corporation’s compliance team.
• Completing testing of key SOX processes
• Managing relationship with SOX audit team
• Bridging gap between Finance and Technology processes
• Ensuring review controls and EAE are robust
• Responsible for remediation of action items
• Involvement in the design of internal controls for new systems and processes ahead of these becoming in scope for SOX.
• Management of quarterly certification process
• Involvement in implementation of compliance (inc SOX) in new acquisitions
• Ensure new businesses adhere to News UK and News Corporation policies.
• Involvement in further M&A activity as required.
• Assistance in financial statement process and management of audit processes.
• Involvement in ad hoc technical accounting issues.
• Recommend solutions to stakeholders across the business.
Governance Risk and Compliance
• Lead the GRC project team, providing assistance and solutions to SAP access changes
• Communication of policy and processes in respect of GRC.
• Management of user access reviews for various systems
• Ensuring segregation of duty issues are identified, reviewed and mitigated where required
• Analysis – present conclusions clearly to a financial and non-financial audience
Modelling – construct variable, business-case focused models.
• Reporting & Compliance – manage complex reporting processes involving input from multiple teams to improve efficiency.
• Business Knowledge & Expertise – develop good business relationships with key business stakeholders, showing understanding of competitive factors, and legal structure.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualified ACA/ACCA accountant with experience of a controls nature.
• Leadership – proactively encourage team to work diligently towards common goals.
• Communicating & Influencing – influence/update colleagues on key information that may be useful for current or future decision making.
• Relationship Management – proactively communicate to stakeholders who have a reliance on work done and ensure relationships with key stakeholders are maintained
• Setting Direction & Decision Making – identify and set clear goals which support department priorities
• Qualified ACA or ACCA (preferably from Big 4 background)
• SOX experience preferable
• Large company controls based audit experience
• Up to date technical knowledge with strong accounting skills
• Drive and enthusiasm to develop the role