A Planning Development Manager is required by this forward-thinking business which operates scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European leisure cities from its 9 UK bases.
Job Title: Product Development Manager
Location: Leeds City Centre
Job Type: Permanent, 40 hours per week
Reporting to the Head of Product, the Product Development Manager will manage the new product and destination development process of Jet2holidays to meet company targets and customer needs in a fast changing competitive environment.
In this exciting, fast-paced position, you will take ownership for the management of new product and destination development processes within Jet2holidays from initial concept to launch, continuously monitoring progress via excellent project and process management.
Working closely with key business stakeholders, you will ensure buy-in and support new product and destination launches, continually reviewing internal and external customer insight, trends and MI to develop ideas that will keep Jet2holidays ahead of its competitors.
You will manage key product business projects and create and deliver associated business plans, providing regular updates on changes to the product portfolio and developments, ensuring all teams are aware of priorities, targets and strategic relationships.
You will be heavily involved in IT development processes, creating and championing development requests, organising user acceptance testing in line with system releases, developing new policies and procedures as required. Performance management of the team, identifying individual training requirements and putting in place necessary training to continually develop is a key element of this role.
- A proven track record in a similar role, preferably with travel industry experience.
- You will have managed a team and have Project Management experience within a large, fast-paced commercial environment.
- You will communicate effectively with all levels across the business and provide leadership, direction and support for a team of differing experience and abilities.
- Being highly numerate, analytical and accurate with excellent attention to detail and a good level of creativity and accuracy in the English language is essential.
- You must be able to work in a high pressure environment with the flexibility to attend meetings and visits overseas as and when required.