An opportunity has arisen for a Product Revenue Manager with a leading, stock exchange-listed company in Folkestone, Kent.
Position: Product Revenue Manager
Location: Folkestone, Kent
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Up to £29,168
Closing Date: 11 April 2017 at 22.59hrs
- As part of the Revenue Management team, the Product Revenue Manager aims to maximise sales and profitability through ongoing analysis and assessment of our holiday products, and meet or exceed all revenue and margin budget targets.
- The Product Revenue Manager ensures that Saga Holidays maintains its competitive position in the tour operating industry and keeps abreast of future developments in the industry which is crucial to our future growth.
- The Product Revenue Manager offers full support to the Senior Product Revenue Manager and Head of Market Performance by ensuring the efficient running of their specific market (s).
- The Product Revenue Manager ensures that all holiday products are both competitively and accurately priced in a timely fashion in accordance with brochure production schedules and on sale at all times.
Capability, Knowledge & Experience:
- Excellent understanding of total pricing and yield processes and commercial issues and impact on wider business.
- Highly numerate and ability to monitor trends and patterns in business performance.
- Good knowledge of ground and air rates and their effect on overall selling price and gross margin.
- Ability to set and follow through clear targets and objectives to team.
- Good IT & software skills including sound understanding & knowledge of Taurus, Step and Excel.
- An understanding of the impact of decisions on the business now and in the future.
- Sound understanding of Saga’s costing practices including gross margin protection.
- Sound understanding of the Saga product range and the production process.
- Knowledge of Business Objects.
Education & Qualifications:
- Manage pricing for all holiday components by destination to ensure that optimal profitability is achieved.
- Complete regular rolling forecasts by product and destination in order to ensure optimal capacity price strategies in place and timely financial forecasting.
- Produce revenue margin and passenger numbers for each of the destinations managed in the assigned markets in line with the agreed plan.
- Produce actions and strategies for each of the destinations managed to achieve goals.
- Ensure inventory levels are sufficient in order to facilitate demand throughout markets.
- Ensure all products are competitive in the market.
- Analyse weekly reports and make necessary pricing and yield decisions.
- Review monthly sales reports with top selling holidays components and provide feedback on how to further grow business.
- Champion and highlight areas where continued business efficiencies exist to improve profit and price points.
- Actively contribute towards Saga holidays strategy and product plan.
- Produce product lists for marketing activity.
- Work closely with colleagues in PODs, Purchasing, the Studio, Marketing and Aviation.
- Maintain continuous dialogue with sales colleagues regarding priorities and challenges for respective markets.
- Support all seat buying plan process for each season.
- Review of all seat commitments as appropriate to given timescales.
- Manage the commercial brief process.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills – this role will involve working closely with all departments.
- Ability to make decisions with confidence or identify when an issue should be escalated.
- Persuasion, negotiation, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Initiative, diplomacy, tact and sound judgement.
- Demonstrable competence in excellent people management.
- There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner.
- The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.