Employment Type:Fixed Term Contract.
Location: Any UK Office (depending on office capacity).
Application Deadline: Please apply before 23:59 UK Time 28 March 2017.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the delivery of assigned projects ensuring delivery to the agreed objectives, budget, quality and schedule, in accordance with the mandates and project definitions agreed with the relevant sponsors/clients.
- Clarify details and communicate the actions necessary to implement the project plan, liaising with others as necessary to meet specific objectives.
- Maintain effective communication with identified stakeholders such as sponsors, end users, project team members, contractors and suppliers to allow the successful delivery of the project activities.
- Adhere to BC Project Management methodologies and defined qualitative standards while delivering the project, to ensure quality and effective risk management are maintained at all times.
- Implement a range of procedures to resolve immediate problems and ensure short-term work objectives are met in light of operating experience and in response to changing priorities, seeking guidance from more senior colleagues as required.
- Provide regular updates on project progress against a range of criteria, as required by the project sponsor/client and in accordance with agreed BC reporting protocols.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to procedures and ways of working, based upon issues and situations experienced on the project/project strand(s) managed.
The successful candidate must have experience in:
- Managing Projects (L2)
- Communicating & Influencing (L2
- Finance & Resource Management (L2)
- Managing Risk (L2):
- Commercial & Business Development (L2)
- Account & Partnership Development (L2):
- Planning & Organising (L2)
- Using Technology (L2)
* Understanding of matrix/functional structures.
* Experience of working on a large-scale project or programme.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK. The British Council cannot assist non-UK/EU nationals to obtain a work permit.