Insurance company urgently requires a Project Manager (IT) in London.
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
This insurance company’s IT department is currently undertaking a number of major IT transformational projects and requires an experienced Project Manager to provide a consultative and value-added approach to project leadership to make sure Towergate IT delivers on time, within budget and to the expected quality.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to join the organisation during a period of significant change and for you to make a real impact within the business. The company is able to offer a flexible working approach enabling the successful candidate to deliver from home where appropriate.
This role will manage projects working with project sponsors, group change, senior business stakeholders, business analysts, business consultants, software developers, third party vendors and other technical professionals where required.
The role will provide relevant insight to shape and drive the direction of change in a pragmatic and appropriate manner, aligned to Towergate’s strategic direction and budgets. Key will be the ability to support senior business stakeholders in shaping technical outcomes that are appropriate to their needs.
In addition the role will include:
- Identification of required resourcing (internal and external) to deliver change
- Management of schedule and schedule management processes, including assessment of progress
- Reporting and timely management of deliverables, milestones, management of critical path, management of risk and dependency reviews
- Monitoring of project scope, timely resolution of conflicts and resolution of issues
- Assist with project closure, post implementation reviews and documenting lessons learned
- Management of project budgets
- Supporting and engaging with IT and Group change colleagues in a collegiate way to overcome resource scheduling priorities, dependencies and continuously improve the overall quality of project delivery
- Reporting to executive and senior management on progress of project delivery
- Extensive communication and stakeholder engagement across a range of business and technical disciplines
The following must be clearly demonstrated on your CV.
- Significant experience working as a Project Manager within the insurance industry
- Experience running concurrent projects
- Experience / knowledge of Insurer / Broking systems in particular (OGI, Acturis, TAM, SSP)
- Experience / knowledge of current industry challenges (IPT, Insurance Act, PCI-DSS, FCA Transparency, DPA)
- Recognised project management qualification and accreditation such as PRINCE2, MSP, PMBOK, APMP or Agile
- Understanding of development methodologies, architectural frameworks and key ITIL disciplines an advantage.
Ideally, the employer is looking for candidates who have previously worked for a large management consultancy.
THIS IS AN URGENT REQUIREMENT: PLEASE APPLY ASAP.