Virgin Media is looking for a Senior Commercial Reporting Analyst to be based in Hammersmith, London.
Location: Hammersmith, West London
Salary: £50,000-£65,000 + bonus + excellent benefits
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Senior Commercial Reporting Analyst. This important new role provides both strategic and operational insight to the CEO and senior executive team and will become a focal point within Virgin Media and across the wider Liberty Global group.
Critical to the Group Business Intelligence function, we are looking for a Senior Commercial Reporting Analyst to design and deliver insightful and commercial reporting to support the CEO and senior executive team in making the right strategic and operational decisions. It’s not just your job to support the CEO and senior executive team however; you will also be assisting in the delivery of the consolidated BI strategy across Virgin Media and the Liberty Global group.
Your duties will be wide-ranging but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- Delivering the weekly performance commentary to the CEO and senior executives based on a thorough understanding of recent trends and performance drivers.
- Delivering well-designed metrics and reporting solutions that are accurate, timely, innovative and fit to support key strategic decision making.
- Taking ownership of BI Reporting and analysis; acting according to the vision and direction, motivated to set the right standards and principles for delivery and engagement.
- Supporting the implementation of the consolidated BI reporting strategy across Virgin Media and the Liberty Global group.
- Working with non-technical stakeholders to understand the core business problems and translating these into a set of simple to solve analytical tasks.
- Supporting the implementation of best in class data governance practices, and establishing a core set of transparent metric definitions across Virgin Media and Liberty Global.
- Supporting the evolution of our data platforms and solutions to support reporting outputs across Virgin Media and to meet Liberty Global requirements.
- Ensuring robust checking and validation processes and a zero tolerance approach to reporting errors.
- Building effective relationships across the Customer, Consumer, Finance and Technology divisions of Virgin Media to achieve BI objectives.
Everyone in our Group BI Team is solutions driven with a focus on pace and quality of BI delivery, and a drive to constantly develop. If you join this high performing team as a Senior Commercial Reporting Analyst we would want you to have:
- Experience delivering insightful and commercial reporting to support the decision making of senior executive teams.
- Strong numerical skills, combined with excellent attention to detail and a focus on accuracy.
- Strong Microsoft skills (especially advanced Excel capabilities).
- Experience in using SQL.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with proven experience producing reports and presenting to the senior executive team.
- Experience working within the telecommunications industry – highly desirable.
- Online self-serve reporting delivery and development skills – desirable.