Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Cannon Street, London
This leading global investment management firm is looking for seriously creative writers to produce long and short-form editorial on a range of investment topics.
You will help take Fidelity to the forefront of its clients’ minds with engaging articles, witty blogs, credible white papers – and even a snappy tweet or two (or ten).
If you can tackle multi-media projects, all the better. All this for a variety of audiences around the world, primarily institutional and wholesale clients.
Editorial is a new and expanding function at Fidelity, which is evolving quickly to meet the needs of the company’s clients. Editorial has a multidisciplinary team of writers and producers as well as the production team to run two VR studios in London and Hong Kong. The function works closely with investment colleagues to find the best and most relevant ideas and which distribution teams then help to engage with the right people across 23 markets. The Fidelity editorial team’s ambition is to create content which doesn’t just lead the industry but rivals established publishing houses. And the team believes it is already making progress towards that goal.
- Conceive, research and write compelling, digital-friendly investment content for sophisticated clients around the world
- Collaborate with team members on global projects
- Liaise with investment and distribution teams to really understand Fidelity’s thinking and our clients’ needs
Experience & Qualifications Required
This is a creative content role which requires exceptional writing skills, backed up by a solid grasp of financial markets, as well as a never-ending supply of ideas coupled with strong research abilities.
You’ll need a creative eye for conveying ideas powerfully across a range of media. You should be polite – you’ll need to be credible when talking totop investment talent. Many of Fidelity’s clients are financially sophisticated so you’ll need to be able to handle complex ideas but the company prize speople who excel in explaining difficult concepts with simple language.
Specifically, the candidate should have a mix of the following skills and experience:
- A digital-first publishing approach and experience in writing for audiences online, with evidence of success
- Excellent writing skills – the ability to research a topic in depth and produce clear and insightful copy to deadlines. Prior experience in financial journalism or investment communications is desirable. Strong research, idea generation and information-handling skills with the ability to grasp important themes and substantiate arguments with credible details and facts.
- Creativity in producing thoughtful arguments, presented in an accessible way.
- Educated to degree level.
- Initiative, intellectual curiosity and an ability to dig up and decipher data that supports the story.
- The successful candidate will be expected to form strong relationships with the investment team to understand their areas of expertise in order to produce content that leads the industry.